I’m not sure about you but when I bake, I like to make it as simple as possible but still very intricate. As good as it is to take your time, not everybody has the time to bake. If you find baking too hard or not your kind of thing, then here are some hacks to help you.
1. If you don’t have time to wait around to ice your cupcakes, put a normal sized marshmallow on top and pop them back into the oven for the last 5 min of the baking time. I think that this is an amazing hack.
2. Don’t you hate it when your cracking an egg and you drop a piece of eggshell in it and it’s impossible to get out? Well I definetly do. To get it out, wet your finger with some water and stick your finger into wherever the egg shell is and it should just sick to your finger with no hasstle at all.
3. If you love piping and 2 toned effects, you can put them together in icing. To get a 2 toned effect, mix togeter to seperate colours of icing in 2 different bowls. After that, in a piping bag, put one colour along one half up the way. Repeat with the other colour and continue icing!
4. If you have kids and they absolutely love sprinkles but unfortunately your all out, here is a quick way to make some coloured sugar sprinkles! Grab a zip lock bag (or a food blender for a quicker alternative) and add in some sugar. Next, add food colouring of your choice into the bag and shake it all up. And there you have your very own sugar sprinkles!
5. Don’t know if your eggs are fresh or not. Get a bowl of water and put the egg in. If it sinks, it’s fresh. If it floats, it’s not.
I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing on. Carry on baking!